Tuesday, May 22, 2007

last week of school

Well, the year is finally over. As summer gets closer and closer by the day, I want you guys to stop and think about the fact that you may not see some of your friends, or others, until school starts up again in August. Or will you! A lot of things could happen between now and then. We should treat every person and every day like it could be the last. A last chance to show that person love, a last chance to invite them to church, or a last chance to let them see that Jesus is your reason for joy. Mark 9:37 says, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." This could be the last time that you get to welcome some of the people around you. If Jesus were to come into your school today, how would you treat him? What would you say? How would you act? It really makes some of our little problem seem very small. If you were having lunch with Jesus, would you be worried about if JimBobJoeDave called you a name or not. I would guess that you would be focused on Jesus and not worried about the small things. In Matthew 25:40-45 Jesus teaches that the things that we do for the least of them, we do for him. And the things that we do not do for the least of these, we do not do for him. Ouch! How hard is that. I want you guys and gals to try something for the rest of this week. I am not going to ask you to treat everyone you see like they are Jesus, just treat them like God is their father. He created everything and everyone for a reason, so go out this week and do unto the least of these. God Bless You All, and have a great week.

1 comment:

PJ said...

Well, I thought that this really gave us something to think about. I would hate to get to heaven and find out that one of my friends did not get in. On earth, I might skip a party if my friend could not get in. But we have the ticket, and it is free.